Addiction Recovery Program Scottsdale
Purpose Healing Center is a premier drug rehab center committed to offering the highest quality addiction treatment and care. Our addiction recovery program in Scottsdale uses a variety of psychotherapies and cognitive-behavioral therapies to help you in recovery. Call us today.
What is a Dual Diagnosis?
Individuals with substance dependency issues more often suffer from a variety of mental health illnesses and behavioral disorders. This condition is known as co-occurring mental disorders or a dual diagnosis. At our facility, we develop an integrated treatment plan for each individual that best addresses both addictions as well as a dual diagnosis.
As much as 45% of our patients that come for addiction treatment also suffer from symptoms of various co-occurring mental disorders. By offering treatment for mental health issues, we minimize the chances of relapse and ensure that recovering addicts live a much happier and fulfilling life after rehab. Speak to one us today to learn all about our addiction recovery program in Scottsdale.
Common mental health issues and addiction
Mental health problems often become the underlying cause of drug/alcohol addiction. Some of the common mental health disorders that occur with addiction include:
- Bipolar disorder - More than 50% of people with bipolar issues also suffer from substance abuse. Patients often self-medicate to reduce the symptoms and for temporary relief from stressful situations and painful memories.
- Borderline personality disorder - As many as 33% of people with BPD resort to substance abuse to overcome feelings of anxiety, extreme emotional swings, and to suppress feelings of emptiness.
- Depression – As many as 1 in 10 people who suffer from depression find solace in substance abuse and alcohol consumption. Substance abuse can worsen depression and lead to fatal consequences.
Some of the other disorders include Anorexia, OCD, GAD, schizophrenia, etc. Seek help for dual diagnosis by getting in touch with us.
What are the warning signs of a Co-Occurring Disorder?
The signs and symptoms of dual diagnosis vary from person to person based on the severity of the addiction, family history, duration of substance use, etc. However, the general symptoms of dual diagnosis include:
- Drastic and sudden changes in general behavior
- Inability to perform routine and basic tasks
- Poor appetite leading to sudden weight loss/ weight gain
- Hallucinations, impairment in thinking and cognitive abilities
- Thoughts of suicide or self-harm
- Erratic behavior and mood swings, etc.
If you spot any of these symptoms in your loved ones, talk to one of our team members today so that we can guide you on the right path.
Can drug use cause Schizophrenia?
Hallucinations and delusional thinking are the most common symptoms of Schizophrenia. The chances are very high for those suffering from schizophrenia to use drugs as a way of self-medication to overcome their symptoms and to feel calm.
Our addiction recovery program in Scottsdale aims to offer individualized care for each patient in rehab. At Purpose Healing Center, we don't just focus on getting you sober. We also equip you with tools to combat triggering situations and memories and avoid relapse after rehab treatment.Addiction Recovery Program Scottsdale
View Larger Map